[jdom-interest] delicate balance?

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Tue Aug 1 12:21:46 PDT 2000

At 07:24 AM 8/1/00 -0700, Joseph Bowbeer wrote:
>One thing I've noticed as I follow this list: as everyone becomes
>more familiar with the intricacies of XML, they "raise" the bar
>for what passes as small, simple and intuitive.

I'm afraid that seems to happen to _every_ XML project that deals with XML
generically, as more than a particular XML vocabulary.

The only way I know to avoid it is to work with a subset of XML, but that
never seems to go over very well with a large number of developers.

Speaking of subsets, Common XML just went into a Final Review Draft, so if
anyone's interested in specifications that provide a smaller 'safer' subset
(without preventing you from using all of XML), you might want to look at:

http://www.simonstl.com/articles/cxmlspec.txt

Like JDOM, it's not a W3C spec, just the work of a group of frustrated
developers.

Simon St.Laurent