[jdom-interest] JDOM & security

julian.enticknap at aethos.co.uk julian.enticknap at aethos.co.uk
Wed Aug 2 04:06:23 PDT 2000

Perhaps if you think about your design like this it might help.....

1) Startup - read in config.
2) application runs.
3) Shutdown - construct config file for next run.

If you have a couple of methods in each of your classes that require
configuration thus;

Element getConfig()
void setConfig(Element elem)

You call setConfig() when you startup and getConfig() when you want to
construct the new config file at the end of your run.

--Jools

> Hi julian,

> Thanks for the fast answer ...

> > If you call clone() on a element it will set the parent reference to
> > null.
> ok, that is enough to do some configuration, but you'll run into
problems, when trying to
> write a changed configuration back to a file (ok, I forgot to say that
I want to do this