[jdom-interest] XMLOutputter

Alex Chaffee guru at edamame.stinky.com
Sat Aug 5 09:36:31 PDT 2000

No it's not a red herring.  I'm not talking about using the defaults:
I'm talking about specifying options.  Sure, if you use the defaults,
this whole issue is moot.  If you have some settings to set, keeping
the settings in the object makes the API simpler.

Another thought-provoking question: if the options are in a separate
object, won't that mean that XMLOutputter's *only* instance variable
is the pointer to options?  Seems like a clue that it's a useless
level of indirection.

 - A

Alex Chaffee                       mailto:alex at jguru.com