[jdom-interest] JDOM w/ *long* streams

Daniel L. Rall dlr at finemaltcoding.com
Tue Aug 8 09:00:35 PDT 2000

Excuse the newbie question, it may just demonstrate the fact that I
don't know a whole lot about DOM (yet).  :)

I am curious as to how well JDOM will handle the parsing of records from
an extremely long data stream (10+ MB).  I would like to parse nodes
containing good sized DOM trees starting one level deep from the root
element.  Will JDOM need to read the entire stream before giving access
to second level nodes (perhaps it won't if I can turn validation off)?
If I can access data before the entire stream has been read, will JDOM's
DOM parser store the parsed DOM tree in memory, or can it use an offset
into the stream?  Thanks for your time!  :)
--

Daniel Rall <dlr at finemaltcoding.com>