[jdom-interest] Suppressing <?xml version="1.0"?>

Joseph Bowbeer jozart at csi.com
Tue Aug 22 07:12:07 PDT 2000

Thanks for the clarification.  I got my bit of information from Neil
Bradley's XML Companion, by the way.  (Perhaps he was influenced by your
earlier work.)

Regardless of whether <?xml version="1.0?> is a procession instruction or
not, it seems clear from the SOAP examples that - whatever it is - it isn't
expected and is probably not permitted.

When the SOAP spec says "the Envelope is the top element of the XML document
representing the message" it suggests something like an ElementOutputter to
me.