[jdom-interest] Re: JDOM missing func

phil at triloggroup.com phil at triloggroup.com
Wed Aug 23 13:17:31 PDT 2000

Thanks for your reply.

>>You've been using DOM too long.  No factory is needed<<
Not at all. For now, I'm using my own classes..

>>If you want a doc full of MyElement instances, then you customize the
builder.  We're planning to make SAXBuilder customizable in that fashion<<
That's what I'm waiting for.
But don't forget the clone() method. We can duplicate the code but this is not
transparent to version (when members are added). Please, split it into two methods (or one method+one copy ctor).

Phil.

                    Jason Hunter
                    <jhunter at coll        To:     phil at triloggroup.com
                    ab.net>              cc:     brett at newInstance.com, jhunter at servlets.com
                                         Subject:     Re: JDOM missing func
                    23/08/00
                    18:37

> Thank's for your product. It is really more understandable that the DOM.

Glad you like it.  In the future please don't write to us.  Write to the
mailing list.  Helping people one at a time is not productive, others
need to see what's talked about.

> As I want to extend the model, it currently lacks a Factory object for creating our customized object (MyEntity,
> MyAttribute...). As it is really simple to implement, do you plan to add it in a future release ?

You've been using DOM too long.  No factory is needed

public class MyElement extends Element { }

Then when you add it, new MyElement().

If you want a doc full of MyElement instances, then you customize the
builder.  We're planning to make SAXBuilder customizable in that fashion
at some point.