[jdom-interest] DOCTYPE Path

Leibundguth, Jonathon jleibundguth at doghouse.com
Fri Dec 8 13:52:34 PST 2000

I've noticed JDOM / Xerces does not parse relative paths well when building
(SAXBuilder) the
DOCTYPE of a document:  the url, file:///... will work fine assuming that
the JVM
started from the same drive on your computer, however, file://c:/... won't
work,
and neither will relative paths like "../../somedtd.dtd".  This becomes a
burden
when the number of xml files increase and absolute paths must be used!
It becomes a huge burden when you are developing an entire web-site
application based on
hundreds of these files which must be installed in different environments.

I've noticed the same problem with the xsl-stylesheet processing instruction
in xalan.  Has anyone
encountered this problem? are there any workarounds? is my understanding of
this
subject correct?

J.P. Leibundguth  <<...OLE_Obj...>>
FCG Doghouse