[jdom-interest] bug in default constructor for Document ?

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Fri Dec 29 13:45:31 PST 2000

> I'm using the default constructor for Document() and then set the root
> element later.

The default constructor is "protected".  You shouldn't be using it under
normal circumstances.

> The constructor doesn't initalize the content field.

Right, because it's a protected method to be used by subclasses only,
and subclass authors are responsible for handling internal details
themselves.

> * What's the best way to submit bugs like the one above ?

Possible bug reports can be posted to this list, as you did.

> * Is there a list of known problems ? Where do I find the TODO.txt that's
> mentioned in
>    several articles by Jason ?

In the root directory of the distribution.  You'll want the daily
snapshot to stay current.  Or you can use the web interface to peruse
the source.

> * Is there somewhat of a process to add bug fixes/enhancements to the code ?
> I'd like
>    to contribute but don't want to mess around with the code without having
> a method
>    to do at least some kind of minimal testing.

Sorry, I don't understand the question.