[jdom-interest] Element.getChildren( "someElem" )

Beau Bisquette Beau at PostTool.com
Mon Jul 10 22:49:48 PDT 2000

'lo,

I have a DTD describing elements which contain no text, but may optionally
hold element(s), so a sample document will look like this:

<someElem Name="NumberOne" Color="Red"/>
<someElem Name="NumberTwo" Color="Blue">
	<ItsKid>White</ItsKid>
	<ItsKid>Green</ItsKid>
</someElem>
  .
  .
  .

When I execute a statement like this:

	List myList = OtherElement.getChildren( "someElem" ) ;

myList appears to receive all those elements which contain one or more
<ItsKid> elements, and none of the ones which don't ....

Could there be a problem parsing elements which are content- and child-less
-- i.e. those with the form <ElemName Attr="xxx"/>?

I have not yet done anything in the way of diagnostic testing -- that's for
tomorrow -- but I have not seen this reported in the archive.  Am I missing
something?  Has anyone else encountered this?

Beau.

Beau Bisquette
TPC Productions
Oakland, California