[jdom-interest] Troubles building JDOM version: jdom-05jun2000-src.tar.gz

Ryan O'Connell -HESE ryan.oconnell at sun.com
Thu Jul 13 16:10:53 PDT 2000

Hey folks,

I am new to JDOM and seem to be having some difficulties.  I pulled down
the jdom-05jun2000-src.tar.gz and had problems building the source The
exact error is:

Java and XML Build System
-------------------

Building with classpath
:/pos/tools/jdk1.2/lib/tools.jar:./lib/xerces.jar:./lib/ant.jar:/pos/tools/jdk1.2/lib/dev.jar

Starting Ant...

Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: /home/ryano/download/jdom-june-05/jdom
Executing Target: init
----------- Java Document Object Model (JDOM) 1.0beta4 [2000]
------------
Executing Target: prepare
Executing Target: prepare-src
Executing Target: compile
Compiling 1 source files to
/home/ryano/download/jdom-june-05/jdom/build/classes
/home/ryano/download/jdom-june-05/jdom/build/src/org/jdom/input/DOMBuilder.java:316:
Method getPublicId() not found in interface org.w3c.dom.DocumentType.
                String publicID = domDocType.getPublicId();
                                                        ^
/home/ryano/download/jdom-june-05/jdom/build/src/org/jdom/input/DOMBuilder.java:317:
Method getSystemId() not found in interface org.w3c.dom.DocumentType.
                String systemID = domDocType.getSystemId();
                                                        ^
2 errors
BUILD FATAL ERROR: Compile failed, messages should have been provided.

I pulled down jdom-01jun2000-src.tar.gz, and jdom-b4-src.tar.gz but I
got the exact same error when building.  The interface in question seems
to live in the xerces.jar file.  Is there an updated version of this jar
floating around somewhere, what I missing??

I also tried to get the cvs version and was given the following error:
    cvs login: Sorry, you don't have sufficient access to
:pserver:anonymous at cvs.jdom.org:/home/cvspublic
    cvs [login aborted]:
:pserver:anonymous at cvs.jdom.org:/home/cvspublic/CVSROOT: No such file or
directory

Again, am I missing something??

Thanks in advance for any help, sorry if these are silly questions but I
didn't see any posts in the archives that seemed to answer these
questions,
Ryan O'Connell