[jdom-interest] newbie Q on JDOM and XSLT

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Fri Jul 14 08:36:42 PDT 2000

> First of all, I greatly appreciate the JDOM initiative for developing a better DOM for Java than the standard DOM currently is.

Happy to get that feedback.

> For such an application I fear that either the transformer has to accept a JDOM tree without intermediate processing, or the application has to forget JDOM....Or did I miss a point?

You didn't miss any point.  The Right Way to do XSLT with JDOM is to
operate directly on the JDOM tree.  That makes it a wonderfully light
operation.  We simply haven't gotten there yet.  (If someone expertise
in this area, please be in touch.)  In the meanwhile, people can use
JDOM's adaptable input/output mechanisms to work with Xalan.  It gets
the job done just not as well as we want long term.