[jdom-interest] Build error in jdom-contrib

Alex Chaffee guru at edamame.stinky.com
Fri Jul 14 01:52:41 PDT 2000

Had we but world enough and time...

Unfortunately, the solution is not obvious to me.  Win95 has a
crippled shell; this exec is asking the shell to perform two functions
on one invocation -- a cd and another command -- and I simply don't
know how to do that.  Well, I could write a BAT file containing both,
and invoke that, but then *where* do I put the BAT file, and...

Perhaps a workaround is for Antlr.java (which extends Java.java, which
invokes Exec.java) to not setFork("true"), since then there'd be no
reason to call the offending code.  Bob, is that possible?

In any case, I won't have time to fix this before I leave for
Singapore this weekend.  I'll forward this thread to
ant-dev at jakarta.apache.org and hopefully someone there can pick up the
ball.

Alex Chaffee                       mailto:alex at jguru.com