[jdom-interest] Re: Where is getAttributeValue?

dlucio dlucio at linuxstart.com
Fri Jul 21 07:21:30 PDT 2000

OK!

I know that element.getAttibuteValue("name") and element.getAttribute.getValue("name") do the same thing, but I still believe that it would be nicer as a java programmer, if the Jdom API implemented the getAttributeValue method.
I think also, it would be a great idea to have methods like:

boolean element.isChild("foo")
&
boolean element.isAttribute("Type")

just as covenience methods to check the existence of a child element or an element attribute with a specific "name".

Bests regards.