[jdom-interest] Adding a DocumentListener interface

Jason Hunter jhunter at acm.org
Mon Jul 24 12:57:49 PDT 2000

> I would like to have a DocumentListener interface so that the
> parts of my app can be notified.

> I'm willing to submit a patch for this, but before I do any coding, I want to know
> if there is a better way (or currently implemented way) to do this.

Before we would add something like that (which does have a cost in API
complexity, execution speed, and memory consumption) we'd need a
compelling and common use case for what someone would do with the
functionality that can't be solved elegantly using the existing feature
set.  Can you provide that?