[jdom-interest] Adding a DocumentListener interface

Steve Meister smeister at zenimax.com
Mon Jul 24 13:52:00 PDT 2000

I have a need for this functionality too, but only when users are
interactively creating and modifying documents. The rest of the time when
I'm parsing and processing XML documents, these features are unnecessary. My
approach and recommendation is to write a set of wrapper classes. The GUI
works with XML documents using the wrapper classes as proxies for the JDOM
classes, and the rest of the system uses the lightweight, efficient JDOM
classes themselves.

Keep JDOM simple, don't add a feature that's only going to be of benefit to
a subset of applications.