[jdom-interest] Re: jdom-interest digest, Vol 1 #131 - 16 msgs

Ryan O'Connell -HESE ryan.oconnell at sun.com
Tue Jul 25 12:21:12 PDT 2000

Hey Kevin,

I had this same problem.  If you look through the archives you will see the thread, the
title of the thread is "Troubles building JDOM version".  Philip solved the mystery.

In my case the reason the build failed was due to the JAXP package I installed from Sun.  I
added the JAXP jar files to the jre/lib/ext dir under my JDK and this was causing the JAXP
jar files to be found before the JDOM files during compilation (the two distributions have
common files, namely DocumentType).

Anyway, removing those jars from the extensions directory cleared up my problem.  If you do
not have this problem, check your classpath, if you have it set, to ensure there are no
conflicting files that may be found in the classpath before finding the correct files in
the JDOM distribution.

Hope this helps,
Ryan

--