[jdom-interest] JDOM in action

Adam Schwartz - FM adams at NetworkCommerce.com
Thu Jun 8 17:58:35 PDT 2000

This is a general question I have about the status of JDOM in the web world.

I am about to embark on a large web job and I am weighing out my options.
I am planning on writing all content in XML (generated from Java servlets)
and translating it to HTML through XSL (using Cocoon).

Is JDOM used in practice to create XML (and XSL)?  I have looked at the
other primary options (SAX,DOM) it seems that the closest product is JAXP
which is much less intuitive, powerfull, and java-oriented than JDOM.  I
want to use JDOM for its ease of use.  However, in its beta stage I am
unsure that it is capable of everything I need for an active dynamic web
site.

My primary concern about Beta4 for JDOM is that I haven't been able to get
namespaces working, I am going to post a more detailed message about this
but please mention whether or not namespaces are working in Beta4 when
responding.

Thanks for bearing with me, I am new to this and I am in a bit of a rush, I
have reviewed some of the source code and am interested in contributing but
need to know if the product can help me first.

Adam Schwartz
Network Commerce, Inc.
adams at networkcommerce.com
415.394.9041 x118