[jdom-interest] NoSuch*Exceptions in JDOM

bob bob at werken.com
Mon Jun 19 16:57:17 PDT 2000

1) Overhead for try/catch:

	If you're talking C++, then yes.
	If we're speaking Java, then no.  It's like a normal
	return with an IsExceptional flag set, for the most
	part.  So, that's a moot point with Java.

2) I've always just removed the attribute before setting it,
instead of testing for null/exception.  removal doesn't fail
if it doesn't exist, so it's always safe.  Dunno if that
technique would work for you, but it's a thought.

	-bob