[jdom-interest] JDOM and Applets

Vincent Vollers tsunami at thevoid.demon.nl
Wed Jun 21 04:18:45 PDT 2000

Hi all,

I'm trying to get JDOM to work in an applet,
and it works fine in appletviewer, but whenever I try
to run it in a browser, it all of sudden can't find
it's resources. (in xerces.jar to be precise)

but it still can't find it's classes when I repack
both jdom and xerces in 1 jar file.
(the file which it seems to be missing:
org/xml/sax/InputSource
is present in the .jar archive)

or when I insert a manifest file in jdom.jar
which points to xerces.jar.

and when I use the java plugin, it says
"applet not initialized" and keeps loading..

and In all three cases it works fine in the appletviewer
or when I try a test program and run it with
java.exe

Has anyone tried writing an applet which uses
JDOM?

- Vincent Vollers