[jdom-interest] JDOM in JSP/Bean/Tomcat (JDOMBean)

Jon Baer jonbaer at digitalanywhere.com
Thu Jun 22 13:27:48 PDT 2000

After I couldnt get the JDOMBean to work in my Tomcat 3.1 (Win32), I decided to simply do
something else without using the bean:

<%
java.io.InputStream is = getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/config.xml");
org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder builder = new
org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder("org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser");
org.jdom.Document doc = builder.build(is);
%>

What I keep getting back is:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already been committed

Anyone have any idea what is causing this problem?

Thanks.

- Jon