[jdom-interest] jdom.jar file naming convention

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Fri Jun 23 05:15:12 PDT 2000

At 3:26 PM -0700 6/22/00, Alex Chaffee wrote:
>I have a request.  In future versions, please name the jar file
>"jdom.jar" and not "jdom-b5.jar".  That way users don't have to change
>their classpaths, and/or rename files, and/or worry about old versions
>laying around.  We can just unzip and go.

I prefer having the version number in the JAR name. Rather than
putting the jar file in my CLASSPATH I just drop it in my jre/lib/ext
directory. Then the name doesn't matter.

|                  The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999)                   |
|              http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/               |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/   |