[jdom-interest] Disruptive technologies

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Sat Jun 24 14:36:10 PDT 2000

This isn't JDOM-specific, but it might be interesting for some folks who
see Java as a technology disrupting the browser-oriented XML DOM, and it
might raise some interest in stretching XML - and JDOM - to fit a few more
projects.

I've got a piece up on XML.com that looks at XML as a technology disrupting
the Web, rather than as a simple addition.  XML seems to have a lot of
people reexamining what looked like core technologies, and pondering if
maybe they couldn't be done a bit differently.  (JDOM does that to the DOM,
raising the stakes yet further.)

The story's at:
http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/06/21/disruption/index.html

Comments and questions are welcome.

Also, I'll be at XMLDevCon 2000 next week if anyone wants to talk.  I'm
scheduled to talk to the New York Object Developer's Group opposite
Elliotte Rusty Harold's piece on JDOM, so I won't be able to make that, but
I'll be around.

Simon St.Laurent