[jdom-interest] RE: Using Project X SAX Parser with JDOM

Kevin Swanson KDSwanson at tallysys.com
Fri Jun 30 06:47:39 PDT 2000

This may be getting off topic for this list, but just in case there are any
other VisualCafe users out there, I discovered the problem between Cafe and
the Xerces parser. VisualCafe is configured to automatically halt execution
in the debugger for certain exceptions. Go under Project | Options select
the Debugger tab and change the category to Exceptions. By default,
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutofBoundsException is configured to halt execution of
the debugger. Apparently, some XML parsers are using this exception to
denote the end of an input stream and handling them internally. I found the
answer in a posting where someone had the same problem with Cafe and the IBM
XML4J parser.

I still don't know whether or not you can get JDOM to use Sun's Project X
parser, but I don't really have a need to do that anymore.

Kevin