[jdom-interest] Element Reference from Attribute

Patrick Dowler Patrick.Dowler at nrc.ca
Thu Nov 16 10:21:08 PST 2000

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Kesav Kumar wrote:
> We should have a way to get the Element reference from the Attribute.  I was
> trying to design DOM Level2 feature of Events incorporating in JDOM this
> requires all possible navigation capabilities from any node to root node.
> Has any one thought of implementing DOM Level2 for JDOM?  If we think DOM
> Level2 we must provide a way to get the total path to the root from any node
> including PI's, Attributes and even from CDATA sections.  Plz put forward
> your thoughts on this.

I guess I missed something early in this discussion, so this is probably a
dumb question. At what point in your code do you have a reference to
an Attribute that you didn't get via

	Attribute a = e.getAttribute(key);

That is, how is it that one can be navigating from an Attribute with no
knowledge of the Element with said Attribute?

--

Patrick Dowler
Canadian Astronomy Data Centre