[jdom-interest] Element Reference from Attribute

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Fri Nov 17 10:09:51 PST 2000

James Strachan wrote:

> I totally agree. With custom builders, everyone is happy.

:-)

> So all we need is the refactoring work on the SAXBuilder
> (I've mailed the
> code to the list already) and everyone is happy. Addiing an
> org.jdom.input.SAXFactory class would make me even happier too ;-)

As I've said earlier, I think SAXBuilder should be designed to be easily
subclassed with protected createElement() style methods which can be
intricately tied to the information SAXBuilder has, rather than try to
make a generic plug-in factory model a la
setElementFactory(ElementFactory).

I think the subclass route has more power, and keeps us from needing six
new *Factory classes.