[jdom-interest] Element Reference from Attribute

bob mcwhirter bob at werken.com
Mon Nov 20 05:29:05 PST 2000

> Admittedly, you'd have to cast a little bit to use your new highly navigable
> XPathElement / XPathAttribute objects but that would be an acceptable
> trade-off wouldn't it?

The only problem I see there, is...

My XPath engine doesn't build the Document.  It just accepts a Document
from the client.  As long as it's a JDOM Document, I'm happy.

I'd rather not force folks to use a special builder for XPath-intended
documents.

What if I need XPathElement, and Mr. Harold needs XIncludeElement,
then we can't apply both XPath and XInclude to the same base
document.

Ends up sounding like the JDOM->DOM conversion so you can apply
XSLT with Xalan right now.  Conversions are bad (or at least are
performance hindering).

	-bob