[jdom-interest] Element Reference from Attribute

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Wed Nov 22 12:52:20 PST 2000

> > And to figure out when to share the attribute reference or
> not you would do
> > <?????>
>
> Ok, just to be totally clear, I was talking about MY
> apllkication where I know what
> MY XML files are going to look like. This could be handled in
> a variety of
> ways, including:
<snip>

OK, that's the part I didn't understand, that this is for YOUR classes and
not JDOM.

> *** The point is, if I want to do this, I should be able to.
> If the API makes it
> impossible, then I have to go and fork JDOM into SimpleDOM and
> duplicate alot of work trying to keep the SimpleDOM API  in line with
> half of the JDOM API. That sucks. :-(

On that I can agree and from past discussions here, it seems like  there
would be fairly wide agreement.  The silence on the two level idea probably
means something too and probably not what you'd like.

Just to clarify, in your scenario, would the xmloutputter and sax/dom
builders use the simple or the doubly linked classes?