[jdom-interest] Code submision: JDOM2 the dual tree implement ation...

James Strachan james at metastuff.com
Wed Nov 29 11:52:59 PST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elliotte Rusty Harold" <elharo at metalab.unc.edu>

> At 10:33 AM +0000 11/29/00, James Strachan wrote:
> It strikes me that what you really want is a small, fast, READ-ONLY
> tree-based API. That's a good idea and it fills a lot of important
> needs. But JDOM is not trying to be that and should not try to be
> that. JDOM has always been conceived as a READ-WRITE API, and I think
> we should keep it that way. I don't think we should make compromises
> to support a read-only API. I think that should be a separate API and
> a a separate project.

I now totally agree with you.

<James/>

James Strachan
email: james at metastuff.com
web: http://www.metastuff.com

If you are not the addressee of this confidential e-mail and any
attachments, please delete it and inform the sender; unauthorised
redistribution or publication is prohibited. Views expressed are those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Citria Limited.