[jdom-interest] Problems with OracleV2DOMAdapter

Philipp Zuderell philipp.zuderell at tanner.de
Thu Nov 30 02:21:09 PST 2000

Hi,

can somebody give me a hint on what this Message could mean? It appeared
when I changed the parser from Xerces to OracleV2 (with Xerces, the
parsing works, but with Xerces I got problems parsing unicodes, so I
wanted to try Oracle).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Phil

org.jdom.JDOMException: The target "xml" is not legal for JDOM/XML
Processing Instrucitons: Processing instructions cannot have a target of
"xml" in any combination of case.: The target "xml" is not legal for
JDOM/XML Processing Instrucitons: Processing instructions cannot have a
target of "xml" in any combination of case.
 at org.jdom.input.DOMBuilder.build(DOMBuilder.java:194)
 at org.jdom.input.DOMBuilder.build(DOMBuilder.java:216)
 at HandleXML.XMLCreator(HandleXML.java:71)
 at ResponseCreator.doPost(ResponseCreator.java:64)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:747)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:840)
 at com.livesoftware.jrun.JRun.runServlet(JRun.java, Compiled Code)
 at
com.livesoftware.jrun.JRunGeneric.handleConnection(JRunGeneric.java:116)

 at
com.livesoftware.jrun.JRunGeneric.handleProxyConnection(JRunGeneric.java:78)

 at
com.livesoftware.jrun.service.proxy.JRunProxyServiceHandler.handleRequest(JRunProxyServiceHandler.java:102)

 at
com.livesoftware.jrun.service.ThreadConfigHandler.run(ThreadConfigHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
Root cause: org.jdom.IllegalTargetException: The target "xml" is not
legal for JDOM/XML Processing Instrucitons: Processing instructions
cannot have a target of "xml" in any combination of case.
 at
org.jdom.ProcessingInstruction.<init>(ProcessingInstruction.java:128)
 at org.jdom.input.DOMBuilder.buildTree(DOMBuilder.java, Compiled Code)
 at org.jdom.input.DOMBuilder.buildTree(DOMBuilder.java, Compiled Code)
 at org.jdom.input.DOMBuilder.build(DOMBuilder.java:191)