[jdom-interest] Convert an org.w3c.dom.Document to java.io.InputStream

David Parker dlparker at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 3 10:26:44 PDT 2000

Hello,

I'm getting a "org.w3c.dom.Document" from a database and I need to convert
it to  "java.io.InputStream"
so that I can create a "org.jdom.Document" with the method
build(java.io.InputStream in).

Is it possible to cast one Document to another?
// returns a  org.w3c.dom.Document
domDoc = student.getClassesDOM(conn, "UGRD");

if (doc != null)
{

         try {
         // Request document building without validation
                 org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder builder = new
org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder(false);

                 org.jdom.Document jDoc =
builder.build(xmlSource);      //This builds a document from the supplied
input stream.

                 // Get the root element
                 org.jdom.Element root = jDoc.getRootElement();
                 List allChildren = root.getChildren(); //return all children

             } catch (Exception ejdom) {
                       ejdom.printStackTrace();
             }

Sincerely,
David Parker

mailto:david.parker at doit.wisc.edu

Library, Instructional & Retrieval Applications,
DoIT - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1210 West Dayton Street, Madison WI  53706
Phone: 608.265.7829     FAX: 608.265-6453