[jdom-interest] beta5 #2

Brett McLaughlin brett.mclaughlin at lutris.com
Fri Oct 6 09:56:25 PDT 2000

Joseph Bowbeer wrote:

> I updated CVS tonight and ran a few tests.  I didn't notice any
> breakage, though I did notice what appears to be an extraneous method:
>
>     In XMLOutputter, there are two protected printAttributes methods.
> The second one (without a namespace arg) is never used within
> XMLOutputter.

You are right, and I took care of that in CVS just now.

> Also, what version of xerces is JDOM including?  It doesn't appear to be
> the latest release, which is 1.2.  Is there a reason for this?

Nope - I just took care of it, and moved to 1.2. Sorry for those who
have thin pipes, because the new xerces.jar is significantly bigger; but
I guess that's the price of progress, until we get to Xerces 2. So we're
upgraded, but it's bigger.

In any case, thanks Joe.

-Brett

> --