[jdom-interest] Probably a Stupid Question but...

Brad Morgan Brad.Morgan at e-pubcorp.com
Fri Oct 6 10:13:25 PDT 2000

When I execute my program from its .class files it works.

When I place all the .class files into a jar file, it fails when I try and
open the xml file (can't find SAXBuilder, see below).

Program starts and displays its main window, so I think the jar file is
build correctly (and I have other programs not using JDOM that work being
built this way).

What am I doing wrong?

(Windows NT 4.0, JDK 1.3, I'm developing using Forte for Java CE 1.0.2 but I
built everything for this test using just the JDK tools)

Regards,

Brad

D:\DDD>java -classpath jdom.jar;xerces.jar;. JobTicTrack  <-- Works

D:\DDD>java -classpath jdom.jar;xerces.jar;. -jar JobTicTrack.jar  <-- Fails

Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/input/SAXBuilder
        at JobTicTrack.OpenJobTicket(JobTicTrack.java:414)
        at JobTicTrack.access$100(JobTicTrack.java:18)
        at JobTicTrack$2.actionPerformed(JobTicTrack.java:92)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEvent(Unknown Source)

Brad Morgan
e-Publishing Corp.

Email: Brad.Morgan at e-pubcorp.com
Phone: (719)593-7377 x35
Fax: (719)593-2996

e-Publishing Corp. is a BroadVision company
NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the
intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of
the message and its attachments and notify us immediately.