[jdom-interest] Bypassing Fetching DTD on JDom

Brett McLaughlin brett.mclaughlin at lutris.com
Fri Oct 6 14:18:15 PDT 2000

Maaziar Sadr wrote:

> Sorry I tought that SAX in Jdom is just like jaxpi and is event based.
> Anyhow I used SAXBuilder instead of DOMBuilder but my problem is still exists
> and
> SAXBuilder spend a ling time to fetching DTD like DOMBuilder.

You can use the setEntityResolver() method on SAXBuilder to cause it to
locally resolve, or even ignore the DTD reference. Check the docs on
EntityResolver on David Megginson's SAX page at
http://www.megginson.com/SAX and it will show you how.

-Brett

> philip.nelson at omniresources.com wrote:
>
> > > Hi philip,
> > > Thank you for your responce.
> > > Since I need a random access SAX is not my option.
> > > take care,
> > > Maaziar
> > >

> > Assuming you will use JDOM for that random access, DOMBuilder doesn't help
> > you any more than SAXBuilder.  They both do the same thing, they parse and
> > they exit.  The main reason for using DOMBuilder is to integrate with other
> > tools that may expose a DOM document.

Brett McLaughlin, Enhydra Strategist
Lutris Technologies, Inc.
1200 Pacific Avenue, Suite 300