[jdom-interest] iterative addChild

Vamshi Reddy Vamshi.Reddy at whn.com
Fri Oct 6 22:03:45 PDT 2000

On Fri, 06 Oct 2000, Paul Madsen wrote:
> I'm trying to iterate through an elements children, adding children as I
> go between each existing child and the following one.
>
> When I try:
>
>       Element events = root.getChild("events");
>       List eventslist = events.getChildren("event");
>
>      Iterator iterator = eventslist.iterator();
>      while (iterator.hasNext()) {
>           Object o = iterator.next();
>
>           Element e_event = (Element) o;
>
>          Element fillevent = new Element("fillevent");
>          events.addChild(fillevent);
>   }

? You might be able to add with the iterator() but the changes might not be
reflected in the document.
? You might get a IllegalAddException if you go around this because the
parent already exists.
If this is what you want: <events>
					<event />
					<event />
					<new element fillevent here?>
				  </events>
Try eventslist.add(fillevent). This should add the new element <events> at
the end of that list (eventslist). If not, you have to make a new parent and
add the content to a new parent element.

- Vamshi