[jdom-interest] Namespaces (Status?)

Brett McLaughlin brett.mclaughlin at lutris.com
Sun Oct 8 20:28:06 PDT 2000

bob wrote:

> Don't mean to pester y'all (or whomever is working on it),
> but is there any sort of status update on full namespace
> support?  My XPath/XSLT stuff is somewhat stalled, waiting
> for support of 'unused' namespace declarations.

No - it's a fair question. I feel like I made some major progress this
weekend, by adding support for the namespace feature to be always on in
SAXBuilder. So now we're getting notification of namespace declarations
through startPrefixMapping() and endPrefixMapping(), which is a long way
from where we were a week ago. I'll look this week and adding a
mechanism on Element.java to allow specification of more than one
prefix... that will go a long way. So hopefully soon... and keep bugging
me, I need it sometimes ;-)

-Brett

>         -bob

Brett McLaughlin, Enhydra Strategist