[jdom-interest] SAXBuilder in B5

Alex Wang awang at niku.com
Mon Oct 23 14:20:35 PDT 2000

I have been using JDOM (beta 4) for processing my XML files. I use the
SAXBuilder to parse my XML documents with the validation flag on.

I just got and installed JDOM B5. When I process the same XML file
(conforming to the same DTD) with JDOM B5, I got an exception complaining
that my document root element does not match the DOCTYPE root. Doing exactly
the same thing with JDOM B4, I had no problem. I am wondering what the
problem is. Could any of you shed me some light on this? I use the Sun JDK
1.2.2 on Windows NT.

My DTD (MyDoc.dtd) looks something like this:

	<!ELEMENT DomainObjects ( DomainObject+ ) >
	<!ATTLIST DomainObjects PackageName CDATA  #REQUIRED>
	<!ELEMENT DomainObject ( Properties ) >

I also have attribute list definitions in my DTD. My XML doc looks like
this:

	<?xml version="1.0"?>
	<!DOCTYPE DomainObjects SYSTEM "d:\MyXMLDocs\MyDoc.dtd">
	<DomainObjects PackageName="my.DataModel">
		<DomainObject>
		  <Properties>
		  </Properties>
		</DomainObject>