[jdom-interest] NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/SAXNotRecognizedException

John Pallister john at synchromesh.com
Wed Oct 25 22:55:12 PDT 2000

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the work Brett & friends have put into
JDOM. I'm enjoying using it, and reading Brett's book.

I've hit a snag, though; my code (and the SAXBuilderDemo)
die with the same exception, when trying to create a
SAXBuilder (sorry about the formatting):

D:\src\java\jdom\jdom\build\classes>which java.exe
d:\bin\jdk1.3\bin\java.exe
D:\src\java\jdom\jdom\build\classes>set
CLASSPATH=.;d:\src\java\jdom\jdom\lib\xerces.jar;D:\src\java\jdom\jdom\build\jdom.jar
D:\src\java\jdom\jdom\build\classes>java
samples.SAXBuilderDemo web.xml
org/xml/sax/SAXNotRecognizedException
        at
samples.SAXBuilderDemo.<init>(SAXBuilderDemo.java:96)
        at
samples.SAXBuilderDemo.main(SAXBuilderDemo.java:150)

This was with a fresh copy from CVS, as per instructions.
I'm using the Sun JDK 1.3 on Windows NT 4.0 SP5.

I don't get it; my code has (as a test):

  SAXNotRecognizedException t=new
SAXNotRecognizedException("");
  SAXBuilder builder=new
SAXBuilder("org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser", true);

But barfs on the *second* line...

I see from the archive that someone else had this problem
with beta 4; any more suggestions? I checked out jdom-test,
but I don't know how to run the tests (never used JUnit...).

Cheers,

John :^P
--
John Pallister