[jdom-interest] Suggestion for new methods for the Element class

Mark J Laird Markl at waterford.org
Mon Oct 30 15:21:16 PST 2000

Hi all,

I have a suggestion for a couple of new method for the Element class.
With the application I am writing, it is useful to know how many
children (possibly zero) a given Element has before retrieving them in a
List.  I would like to offer the following new methods for consideration
by the powers that be:

public int getChildCount();
//Returns the number of children nested directly (one level deep) within
this Element.

public boolean hasChildren();
//Returns true if this Element has any children, false otherwise.

Mark