[jdom-interest] Hints where I might find open code for xmlL canonicalization for the test suite.

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Wed Apr 4 06:06:32 PDT 2001

I started looking at the OASIS/NIST xml conformance suite.  For valid tests,
there are often corresponding output files in canonical form that you can
compare against to find out if your test was succesful.  In the case of the
tests that originated from James Clark, he has code to create the
canonicalized xml in his pre-standardized format.  In the case of the other
tests from IBM and Sun, I couldn't anything something similar.  In all
cases, the suite docs say that the canonical format will change when the
spec is complete (which I think it is).  So at some point I will need some
code to produce the canonicalized xml.  I don't think I can use the IBM
Security Suite because of licensing and didn't want to spend time to see if
the canonicalization code could be used separately from digital signature
code.