[jdom-interest] rdms & jdom

Edoardo Comar edoardo at knowledgeview.co.uk
Fri Apr 6 02:13:26 PDT 2001

I was also going to store xml documents in the RDB. my xml documents will be
"data" (thrird-party and custom documents, like NewsML), "rules" (complex
user objects described in XML) and lots of XSLT stylesheets (used by the
rule objects).

my concern was that storing xml on the RDB, I lose the ability of easily
referring from one xml doc to another via relative URIs.
for example:
a rule element can contain an attribute  stylesheet="util/mystyle.xsl"
a stylesheet is likely to use <xsl:import> and the document() function

"navigation" via reltive URIs is straightforward if everything is stored on
the file system.
how can it be done simply if we use an RDB ?

Edo

dr at yourhost.com