[jdom-interest] Question about "standalone" tag... [eg]

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Fri Apr 6 10:18:04 PDT 2001

Jason Hunter wrote:

> You'll see in the TODO.txt file an entry to figure out the best way to
> support this.  It seems straightforward to have a doc.setStandalone()
> and doc.getStandalone() pair of methods that the XMLOutputter can use on
> output.  Anyone have another idea, like maybe to try to be smarter about
> it, performing some checking that what they set to be standalone truly
> is standalone?
>
> One problem here is that SAX doesn't tell us the standalone flag value,
> so round tripping won't be 100%.
>
> -jh-

More thoughts on this issue:

For the encoding we've explicitly left that out of the Document and put
it as a flag to the XMLOutputter.  Maybe standalone should be handled
similarly?  Or maybe encoding and standalone should be aspects of the
Document.  I'm curious to hear arguments either way.  At the moment I'm
thinking of putting both in Document to better match Infoset.