[jdom-interest] TODO intro [eg]

Joseph Bowbeer jozart at csi.com
Sat Apr 14 04:17:02 PDT 2001

Background: I just finished reviewing Josh Bloch's new book: "Effective Java
Programming".  Here's a preliminary catalog page:

 Effective Java Programming
 http://www.aw.com/product/0,2627,0201310058,00.html

In this book, Josh has assembled a list of 50 or so items addressing the
fine points of Java programming.  It's a great book, and very applicable to
JDOM.  With these items in mind, I spent some time going over the JDOM API
and came up with some ideas for our TODO list.

I've divided these ideas into three categories and will send a separate
message for each:

1. subclassing
2. serialization
3. clone