[jdom-interest] Making setMixedContent appear atomic

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Mon Apr 16 23:32:45 PDT 2001

> Can you point me to the implementation?  I can't find it in the archives.

It's the code in CVS.

http://lists.denveronline.net/lists/jdom-commits/2001-April/000584.html

> If we can make setMixedContent failure atomic without sacrificing
> performance or introducing complexity that will make it harder to subclass,
> then I'm all for it.

I don't think there's a performance penalty.  The only sacrifice is that
it's possible a subclass that overrode addContent() to do something
truly "creative" would now also have to override setMixedContent() to
follow the same behavior.  I suspect that would happen anyway with or
without the atomic behavior, so I don't think that's too big a
sacrifice.