[jdom-interest] detach() [eg]

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Tue Apr 17 16:12:55 PDT 2001

Amy Lewis wrote:

> In other words, if we're going to enforce well-formedness, then we have
> to enforce it (and in the process, take power and flexibility away from
> the programmer; it always happens that if you dull a knife to keep it
> from cutting someone's hands, it's harder to cut the bread).  We have
> to enforce it *everywhere*, and not just here, in a place where it's
> easy.

The plan is to enforce it everywhere.  The fact it's not univerally
enforced at the moment (such as in PartialList) is a known bug that's in
the TODO and will be fixed.

If you take the union of the latest code and the current TODO actions,
that's the vision of JDOM.  We should base discussions for change
against that vision, not against existing code.