[jdom-interest] Serialization

wregwrg wegwegweg buccaneer12 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 04:14:42 PDT 2001

Hi, I am using a CVS Snapshot from April 17th 2001.

I am trying tio Serialize and deserialize JDOM-Documents.

When I try to print a deserialized Document using XMLOutputter, I am getting
a NullPointerException.

That is due to org.jdom.Element.getQualifiedName invokes a Method on a
variable of type namespace which is declared transient without checking
whether the object is null or not. I think this causes the
NullPointerException.

Why is the namespace-Variable in Element transient and why isn't namespace
Serializable.

Thanks.