[jdom-interest] Finding text for an element in an XML Doc

Kesav Kumar kesavk at voquette.com
Thu Apr 19 08:28:26 PDT 2001

If you know the path of the text node its very stright job
First parse the xmldoc and get the Document object.
SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder();
Document doc = builder.build(new BufferedInputStream(new
FileInputStream("foo.xml"), 1024));
Element root = doc.getRootElement();
String text =
root.getChild("subelement1").getChild("childelement").getTextTrim();

Kesav Kumar
Software Engineer
Voquette, Inc.
650 356 3740