[jdom-interest] Helper methods [eg]

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Thu Apr 19 11:58:44 PDT 2001

philip.nelson at omniresources.com wrote:

> Actually, my first thought is to use the jdom-contrib mechanism to get this
> started.  Once there with enough support, we can decide which things are
> distributed in the helper/util package at a later time.

Yes, this out-of-the-core work is appropriate for jdom-contrib.  The
jdom-contrib area is fair game for experimentations on top of JDOM,
stuff that can be created collaboratively and used by anyone who cares
to look.  Some things in jdom-contrib may move to the core after contrib
"incubation".

> Here are some other things I think could go there (off the top o' my head):
>
> - TreeWalker with a visitor or command type extension feature
> - decorators for Element, Attribute and Document (I can generate a base
> decorator)
> - proof of concept subclass project as a demonstration of the subclass
> implementation. (a listener enabled version would interest lots of people).

All good ideas.  I like Elliotte's CanonicalXMLOutputter idea too.