[jdom-interest] JDom API and encoding type?

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Apr 19 11:39:01 PDT 2001

At 11:23 AM -0700 4/19/01, Jason Hunter wrote:
>>  At 04:43 PM 4/19/2001 +0200, barbara at tli.de wrote:
>>  >Hi there!
>>  >
>>  >How Do I get the encoding type into my Document.
>>  >I want <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> in my Document Type
>>  >Declaration.
>>  >org.jdom.DocType doesn't offer any methods to include the encoding
>>  >part.
>
>Just FYI, that's not your Document Type Declaration.  The DTD is the
>thing that looks like <!DOCTYPE...>

You just hit one of my pet peeves. :-) To be perfectly accurate, the
Document Type Declaration is the thing that looks like <!DOCTYPE...>.
However that is not the DTD. The acronym DTD stands for Document Type
DEFINITION. The DTD may or may not be wholly or partially contained
in the document type DECLARATION.

|                  The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999)                   |
|              http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/               |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/   |