[jdom-interest] Re: subclassing [was: addNamespaceDeclaration()]

D Gross justdave at onebox.com
Mon Apr 23 11:35:33 PDT 2001

The first time I read this, I thought you meant that factory support
was now in JDOM, and the patch was for the addNamespaceDeclaration()
problem.

Now that I understand a bit better, I see what I overlooked the first
time: the instantiation calls are in the now separate SAXHandler.java
file, so I can give upgrading a try again.

I didn't consider writing my own builder class "diverging from the codebase",
since it is what you recommended when I asked for factory support, although
I recognized it would be a maintanence problem.

Please post how to get "Ken's patch".

BTW, I think JDOM is great and appreciate all the support you have given
it.

Thanks,
-- Dave