[jdom-interest] XIncluder and DocType

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Apr 30 09:48:59 PDT 2001

I've updated my JDOM-based XInclude processor to fix a few bugs, make it
more spec-compliant, and bring it into sync with the current CVS version
of JDOM. All source is available at http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/XInclude/

Along the way I noticed this strange behavior. If I start with a DoCType
like this:

<!DOCTYPE TEAM SYSTEM "team.dtd">

then clone it and stick it in a new document I end up with a DocType
like this:

<!DOCTYPE TEAM SYSTEM "file:/D:/books/gold/source/22/team.dtd">

This is a little surprising. I don't think JDOM should be converting
relative to absolute URLs without an explicit client request.

Looking at the JDOM code I can't figure out where or why this happened.
It might even be in SAXBuilder or XMLOutputter. Any ideas?

|               Java I/O (O'Reilly & Associates, 1999)               |
|            http://metalab.unc.edu/javafaq/books/javaio/            |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1565924851/cafeaulaitA/   |